Thursday, February 4, 2010

Toddler Headstands

Recently, my son has developed a fascination with standing on his head. Sometimes I do it with him.

I was thinking about going on craigslist and buying a used gymnastics mat to further his love of headstands and other acrobatics.

He's not the only toddler I've seen stand on his head! My friend Josina's son ( and Ari's friend) Nelson also loves to stand on his head! So I'm beginning to think this is a developmental thing.

I find this behavior fascinating since I (myself) am one of the most uncoordinated people alive. I laugh internally every time I think about the fact that I'm a "gym teacher" because I have no inherent athletic ability whatsoever.

But apparently my child has a penchant for gymnastics! Who knew?

Does your toddler stand on his head? Did your kids ever stand on their heads? Do you stand on your head?

Let me know!

1 comment:

  1. The first time I saw the Ari-bear do this was HYSTERICAL. I think it was when he was high on sugar and all sorts of cookie goodness. He kept doing them on the couch, it was awesomeness at its peak.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.