Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Television Alternative

I left the apartment today to go to a doctor's appointment in Manhattan. Wilhelm, Ari's daddy, was watching Ari. My parting words to him were this:

"When I come home, I don't want to see the television on."

Wil has a habit of resorting to the television as an instant solution to a cranky toddler. When our son freaks out, he turns on "Blue's Clues" in an attempt to soothe him. I don't agree with this method, and have been telling him to stop using TV as a pacifier. Well, it turns out, he listened to me! Instead of using the TV he let my son and his friend, Simon the cat, look out the window!

1 comment:

  1. Lets hear it for Wil trying new ways. I guess you have to try everything. I was mentioning to Bob Garvy that he would probably respond to being laughed at when in tantrum mode. Cruel?

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.