Sunday, January 17, 2010

Old Friends, New Fun!

Since I reconnected with my childhood friend Dara, my nostalgic floodgates have effectively opened.

DARA AND I, AGE EIGHT

DARA AND I AT MY BROTHER'S BAR MITZVAH AGE NINE


Dara stayed in touch with our mutual childhood friend, Elisabeth.

ELISABETH'S DAD, ELISABETH AND ME AT MY BAT MITZAH AGE 13


Elisabeth and Dara both came over yesterday and though it has been 18 years since Elisabeth and I have seen each other, she was just as wonderfully sarcastic and blunt as I remembered her.

Ari, my son, took an instant liking to her! It's too bad we don't have pictures, but he spent the majority of the evening snuggling up to her chest.

It seems that Elisabeth and I are leading parallel lives. She is married to a Filipino guy and I might as well be married to Wilhelm (my boyfriend) who is half Filipino. Elisabeth and I both have loose (or floating) knee caps (as does my cat Simon and Dara's dog), and finally we are both upper west side Jews. Oy Gavolt.

Though we don't have pictures of the current day versions of Dara, Sarah and Elisabeth, we do have these great family pics that Elisabeth took of me, Ari and Wil.

FABULOUS FAMILY PHOTOS TAKEN BY ELISABETH!





Elisabeth is (by trade) a trained pastry chef. She writes a blog where she posts her fantastic recipes called A Duchess Cooks in Brooklyn. Check it out here.

Next time we have a childhood reunion we have resolved to take photos of our 29 and 3o year old selves!

6 comments:

  1. So great to be back in touch with childhood friends. You are so lucky that they are still around, that you can reconnect and it can be like old times only now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh......my.......cheese........I LOVE THESE PHOTOS!!!!!!!! Thanks for posting! Memoriiieeesssss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What a pic! man oh man look at the size of those glasses on my face! It was so wonderufl seeing you again, I can't tell you how jazzed I am about that. We have to do it again soon. Love, -E

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those glasses rock, yo! It was so wonderful hanging out with you, Duchess. Let's get our Valentine's Day Newsletter going ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.