Saturday, January 2, 2010

Big Boy Bed

I was told by multiple sources that it was time to transition my son to a "big boy bed" when he was able to successfully climb out of his crib by himself. I met a mom in Dunkin' Donuts who gave me a great idea to get him comfortable with this new space.

She suggested that I sit with him on the bed and tell him just how cool his bed was and how all his animals were there, nobody had a bed like he had, and it was an awesome place to be. This is what I did.

I read him a few stories on the bed. He was so cranky at the time that I was trying to make the bed look amazing, that he screamed through "Good Night Moon" and "Pat The Bunny."

Eventually he lay down and I rubbed his head until he fell asleep. He woke up an hour later and I went into the room and repeated the head rubbing process. He went right back to sleep. I think he likes his new bed!

Pictured Below is My Son Asleep in His Bed
We Have a Crib That Converts into a Toddler Bed- Hence the Bars...

3 comments:

  1. yuh never know where you will get your next piece of enlightenment = like Dunkin Doughnuts. That certainly was helpful information for your current situation and it worked like a charm. Muahhhh. (that's a kiss.)_

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am here catching up on the bed saga.

    I love that copy of 'Goodnight Moon' jammed into the headboard. It looks like he fell asleep reading it or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is completely obsessed with that book. HA HA!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.