Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Moxie Spot

My best friend Mint was babysitting for Ari, my son, while I taught Kindergartners yoga and watched them hula hoop and zoom around on individual scooters. Earlier this year she told me about a toddler friendly restaurant and play space that she was dying to take Ari to called: The Moxie Spot.



She finally had an opportunity to check this joint out on Thursday! I met her there when my work day was done and I must say that I was impressed.

The Moxie Spot
is located on Atlantic Avenue and Hicks Street in Brooklyn. It is a restaurant and play space all in one!

You can go there, eat something yummy and pay $2.5o in exchange for use of their enormous play space.

I have said in previous posts that I don't have a lot of money by any means, and I am (for the most part) against "paying to play," however, because the Moxie Spot is so amazing and unique I had to make an exception to my "pay to play" rule.

Though I don't have pictures of the play space, I can describe it to you:

1.You walk into the restaurant (which is on the ground floor) where there are reasonably prices things to order. Check out their menu here.

2. You order something and head upstairs with your kid.

3.You open the baby gate (which protects the play area from escapees) and you let your child play while you sit there and enjoy a hamburger made with grass-fed beef, or coffee and three homemade chocolate frosted donuts, or whatever your fancy might be.

Easy.

The play area has a variety of exciting options including:

--A small table where children of all ages can draw
--A trunk of stuffed animals
--Computers for adult use
--Seemingly thousands of cars and trucks
--A foosball ball table



--And many more options.

The Moxie spot also has many scheduled activities for families including:

--Story Time with Emily on Mondays and Fridays at 11:30am and 1pm
--Sing a Longs with Lloyd on Tuesdays at 11am
--Dance Around with Nat on Thursdays at 11am.

As far as weekend activities are concerned they are loaded with those as well!

Thank you, Moxie Spot, for a fun filled day! And thank you Mint for finding the Moxie Spot

If you live in New York City and you have a child, check out the Moxie Spot! For more information about the Moxie Spot click here.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a dream come true! Thanks osnwm for telling everyone about it. And thanks Mint for finding it. I h ope to be toddling over there very soon. What are their hours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked hours: 10am to 8:30pm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great resource for parents!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.