Friday, May 29, 2009

Who is My Child?

As my millionth day as a substitute teacher comes to a close, I realize that there are certain universal truths about children. There will always be the smart ass child who remarks snidely when asked to do anything.

There will be the eager to please child who offers to collect completed worksheets or gives helpful information.

There will be the attention seeking child who behaves badly when ignored.

But the question is: what kind of child will my son be? The truth is, I can see my son's face in all of these children. I have no way of knowing who he will turn out to be or how he will act in school.

I almost want to fast forward four years so I can find out.




2 comments:

  1. It is so tempting, i know. But then the joy of those 4 years will be lost. As hard as it is,trying to live in the moment has has served me well lately. Just think I see your baby face in Ari. But I miss that face, too.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.