Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Crying Over Spilled Coffee

This morning I was down to my last bit of coffee. I emptied the bag into the filter and looked forward to the moment when my coffeemaker beeped so I could savor my last cup. When my Krups 12 Cup Programmable coffeemaker gave me the go ahead, I mixed the milk and sugar into my friend the coffee cup, and prepared a bagel with peanut butter for Ari and I to share.

As soon as I made to the living room, I sat on the couch in a sleepy haze, and before I knew it, I had spilled my last cup of hope all over the table.

I'm normally a clumsy person but, being pregnant, my increased progesterone levels have taken over and made me into a maladroit.

While I was busy cleaning up the mess I'd just made. Ari managed to steal my breakfast.

I asked him if he was eating my bagel, and he proudly confirmed "Yes!"


Please tell me I'm not alone. Share your clumsy stories with me!

7 comments:

  1. LOL! AWWW!!! Omg I actually WOULD have cried when I was pregnant if that had been me! At least Ari was eating! I was so tired today, I had to get up to bring Chaim to the train and kept trying to sleep but the kids were up and I was feeding them etc. I finally gave Z her sticker book and passed out and I woke up before 10 and there was NO mess! I don't get it but I'm not going to push fate... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably would have cried too. Then again I have always been clumsy. My poor child hit way too many things as I walked into the wall while holding him. I always felt like the dumbest mother in the world. I even fell while pregnant and have a scar on my knee as the fall was on concrete and it ripped through my pants and got my skin. It didn't hurt too much. Baby was fine, I was fine. But no one is/was as clumsy as me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cordy- It was terrible. I was so upset. I really needed that coffee! Well, at least you got a mini-nap in there. Yeah, glad everyone was okay and there wasn't a disastrous mess.

    bnforgiven- Clumsiness abounds! It really sucks. I fell during my first pregnancy too! Glad you and the baby were okay ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're so not alone! i was so clumsy when pregnant i spilled, dropped, stained, tripped, forgot. *sigh* those were not my best moments, were they?! :) congrats, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Galit! I've done all of the above ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have too many clumsly stories to even name! Seems like every day I am doing something dreadfully clumsy and I'm no longer pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and did I tell you about the time MY Poodle lapped out of my last cup of coffee? Apparently dogs crave caffeine too.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.