Thursday, February 18, 2010

I Love Canadian Mamas

I've been blogging for a bit now, and have read countless mom blogs other than my own. I've noticed that I really seem to click with Canadian moms! I don't know what it is, but I love them. Yay for Canada!

Now don't get all excited! There are plenty of awesome, down to earth U.S. mom bloggers that I love to read. Kyndale writes a great mom blog, as does Keyona, who is hysterically funny, Lindsay's Suburban Turmoil is a riot, I read about Julie's adventures as a military wife and Heather's twinsanity(she has like a zillion kids and her husband is in the miltary, I don't know how she does it). And of course my dear friends Cordy and Amanda, whose blogs I frequent on a daily basis. I have to give credit where credit is due.

But I just wanted to take a moment to talk about my two favorite Canadian mom bloggers. And here they are:

Amber Strocel writes a great mom blog. She is passionate about maternity leave rights, and created a Canadian Maternity Leave guide! She is pictured below:


She is real, honest and a great writer. She has also been sort of mentorish to me. I've asked her a million questions about blogging and she has always stopped to give me the real info. She's wonderful. To read her blog, click here.

Amber is the one who got me to join the dreaded Twitter. I was hesitant to do it, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have met Sarah, whose blog has an amazing name: Sarahcasm. Sarah is also of the Canadian persuasion. I love her blog too! She's got great photos and is also honest, real and a wonderful writer. Click here to read her blog, Sarahcasm. Sarah is pictured here:


Canada, I love you. Please keep producing great mamas like Amber and Sarah.

14 comments:

  1. Hey thanks for the shout out! Love your blog too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keyona! I love your blog! I just posted a comment on the whole "lethargic" situation. What is wrong with that teacher!! Anyway, you rock, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, thanks Sarah! I really appreciate the shout out - and you have put me in good company! :)

    Glad you enjoy my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do enjoy your blog in all it's sarahcasm ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. O my! I love Amber too! I wish I had more time to follow these guys!! They sound awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amber rocks my socks. She's great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the mention :) You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention Sarah! I too like Amber's blog. I haven't seen the rest but will check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber's blog is really great. But so are the rest of them, including yours! I loved your desert trip post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heart Amber as well for all the reasons you mentioned. So authentic and just plain ol Canadian nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, you rock! You seriously, seriously rock. Group hugs all around! Eh. You hoser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! Group hugs all around. Now please inform me about the definition of a "hoser." I don't feel like using the internet to research it, and I'm assuming that it MUST be Canadian in origin ;)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.