Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tumbling Class At Power Play

The other day, a friend of mine who I met at the library, Barbara, introduced me to a great indoor play space. It's called Power Play and it's located on 3rd Avenue and 8th Street in Park Slope, Brooklyn.

We met up at Power Play for a play date and Ari loved the indoor play space. It was equipped with many plastic vehicles to drive, a giant slide that lead to a sandbox, a big wooden playhouse and lots and lots of toys.



The play space costs $10 for a 2 hour play session. Barbara had a Play Pass, which she was kind enough to let us use. Ari loved the indoor play space. He spent the majority of his time there playing in the sandbox.

When we were getting ready to leave, the receptionist told us that Power Play offered gymnastic/tumbling classes for kids. If I was interested, she said, I could sign up for a free trial class. I asked Ari if he wanted to take a tumbling class. He said "Yes!" So I said "Yes!"

My friend Cordy texted me yesterday asking what I was up to on Thursday. I said "Taking Ari to a tumbling class. Wanna come?"

She said she was down, and so I signed up her two girls Z and L.

The class was a big hit with the kids!

The instructor, Abbie, (pictured above) was great with the kids. Ari was shy, because there were a lot of kids there and he tends to take a while to warm up to people in a group situation. But she was very patient with him and let him take his time getting used to the group.

Z and L had less inhibitions, but all of the kids had a great time.




I want to sign Ari up for the semester. Lately I've been feeling like he needs more structured social interaction with other kids, and this seems like a great environment to achieve that goal in.

After the class we had some amazing pie across the street from Power Play at a place called Four and Twenty Blackbirds, which Barbara also introduced me to as well. Ari was very serious about his pie.

For more information on Power Play click here.

8 comments:

  1. OMG! I love the pics!! Ah it was awesome!!! I wish the could go more. It was really fun!! See, I didn't even know about this whole other play date until you told me, because I learn everything through your blog lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, was it Abbie or Addy?? Now I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I'm not sure. I thought it was Abbie, but maybe you're right! Maybe it is Addy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And it was awesome! I want to go again! Maybe next time we could go to the indoor play space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Ari has the comic I gave him in the pie pic too. Did he want to bring it with him or you?
    Shout out to Tiny Titans/Little Archie the best team-up ever!
    http://www.artbaltazar.com/tinytitans

    Also I miss the new comments system :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. He loves the comic! But he hasn't read it yet. He just likes to carry it around, like the donut holes! Also the new comment system was eating my old comments and it was sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure, maybe I thought Addy because a girl that comes to the gym has that name, and she mentioned she was Nigerian (and Abby/Addy said her real full name was too). I don't know! But she was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I showed Chaim the pictures and I zoomed in on her shirt and it looks like a B! You were right lol. Abby, long name Abbiola.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.