Monday, April 20, 2009

Trying to Remember

Ever since I gave birth to my son, my memory fails me constantly. I joke often that I actually "gave birth to my brain".

It's sad actually. I have blocked out entire chunks of my life. Including specific incidents and conversations that I've had with people.

When I tell someone that I don't remember something, its embarrassing. In fact, I used to have a flawless memory. I could recount to you a detailed conversation that I had with someone. That is not the case today.

I spoke with my friend and fellow mom about this today. She told me that she has also suffered a horrible memory loss after giving birth. So its not just me.



The trouble is, when I tell someone that I don't remember something that happened, good or bad, and they don't believe me, and there's nothing that I can do to convince them that I'm not lying.

Believe me, I would like my memory back. It would save me some embarrassing moments. So to all those people that I have offended because I don't remember something that I said or did, I am officially sorry.

That's all I can do.

7 comments:

  1. sometimes it's not a good thing to remember everything. also, i like this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about that actually. There are probably certain things I don't remember because I blocked them out. Perhaps they were traumatic? But good point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Also it happens in pregnancy and never goes away. That's terrible. Its like, proving machoism is right! :O "Have babies, be stupid!"

    But really we're still brighter, even with prego brain! :) I also like the picture.

    I just want to see the new code, really! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, actually, that's true. My bad memory started during pregnancy. But it manifested as forgetting to do things. Or leaving my keys in the refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is unrelated, but is there a way you can have people subscribe to get notified when you post a new entry? someone else's blog i read has that, but i don't know how to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...let me email Blogspot and I'll get back to you on that one, Leigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leigh - you will now be notified when a new blog is posted.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.