Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Perpetual Teeth Grinder

Today, I got an email asking if I would check out Top Dentists, and also, if I'd be interested in writing a post about how dental care has impacted my life. I had to think about this for like three seconds and then I remembered, my night guard.

I've noticed lately, that I manifest my stress in my body. That's why I love going to acupuncture, because it allows my body and my mind to relax. One of the things I do is grind my teeth. In the morning when I wake up, my jaw feels so tight, I sort of feel like Dr. Frankenstein's monster.

My dentist said I needed to use a night guard, which is this bizarre plastic looking thing that is molded into the shape of my teeth. It looks like this:


I was skeptical about using a night guard, because I felt like a total dork, but my dentist was laying it on thick about how my teeth were crowding, and how eventually, if I didn't use my night guard, it would result it tooth decay and other scary things, so I listened to Dr. M, and popped that suck in at night:



I still feel like a nerd, and I never had braces growing up, so it's not like I'm used to wearing such dental accoutrements. But I have to say, in the morning my jaw didn't click as much, and I felt more relaxed.

So, in the spirit of good dental care, if you don't have a dentist, check out Top Dentists to find one.

In the mean time, I'll be wearing my night guard so my teeth don't fall out!

Do you guys grind your teeth? Tell me about it!

2 comments:

  1. I am a total jaw clencher. I have this super bizarre thing I wear sometimes which fits on the front of my bottom teeth. It just fits over the two front ones. I get major TMJ, and this thing really helps! And, it has a super awesome glow in the dark case! Now that's pretty dorky ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My glow in the dark case is super hot yo! :-D.

    I have to remember to put the damn thing in before I pass out on the couch!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.