Friday, July 24, 2009

Can I borrow Your Phone?

Although my trip to Puerto Rico was loads of fun, there was one thing that did go wrong: I lost my phone. Yes, friends, my phone was eaten by the sands of Condado Beach. I'm a little sad about it. Okay I am a lot sad about it. It was the G1 Google phone and I had an intense love affair with it.

But, the good news is this: I am not phone-less now. T-Mobile came to the rescue, and it didn't cost me a penny.

I was in a desperate situation. When we got back from Puerto Rico we were totally broke and I couldn't afford to buy a new phone. At least not immediately. I was so overwhelmed and depressed about the situation that I was resigned to the fact that I would just go without a phone for a while. But my boyfriend would not have this.

"I have to be able to get in touch with you! I need to be able to check on you and our son!"

So I called T-Mobile and asked them what they could do for me. It turns out T-Mobile has a program called the "Loaner Phone Program" for people in my situation. The way the program works is this.

--File a claim with your phone insurance company to get your replacement phone.
--Go to a T-Mobile store and give them the claim number.
--T-Mobile hands you a FREE phone that you can borrow for two weeks until your permanent phone arrives.

Tada! You are no longer phone-less. My one warning to you: the loaner phones do tend to go quickly, so it is important that you call ahead to the T-Mobile store to make sure they have the loaner phones in stock.

Also, the loaner phone itself is nothing fancy. It's just a basic no frills phone, that you can make calls out of. Mine doesn't have a camera or any fancy accesories, but it will do. I'm constantly running around with my son, and I cannot be without a phone, as my boyfriend pointed out so eloquently.

So if you have T-Mobile service, and you lose your phone. Don't fret. Just get a loaner phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.