Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Nick Atlas and Yoga Sleep Therapy

I was 10 years old. I remember sitting in Hebrew school class furiously sketching a poster. I was working on the detail of a Pepsi can, hoping he would notice my artwork, hoping that I could decode what was going on in his mind. He was enigmatic. I couldn't figure him out. He was tall and skinny with black eyes that seemed to see through you. He loved kickball. I was clumsy. I was quiet, but I loved art. I lived through writing and colored pencils. I was shy, he wasn't. Even though he was seemingly outgoing, there was something underneath the surface that I couldn't get to. He wasn't giving it up. I was afraid to scratch it, but I was curious to know what was there.

His name was Nick Atlas.

After elementary school, we went our separate ways, him to a private school and me to a public arts high school.

Life is funny, and so is the internet. We connected 22 years later through Facebook. He was no longer a jock, but had transformed into a yoga teacher.

We talked online, and Nick told me he was going to be teaching a sleep therapy yoga workshop in New York. I signed up, I traveled to the Om Factory, and I took the workshop. After engaging in yoga and meditation for two and a half hours, he told me his story:



For more information on Nick Atlas click here. 

2 comments:

  1. thinking i "need" this for my 39th birthday next year. i'm a terrible sleeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude, he's having another workshop at Pure Yoga! Wanna go?

      Delete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.