Thursday, March 10, 2011

Yes!

Sometimes I amaze myself. I had an epiphany this morning. It takes me a zillion years to leave the house every morning. 50 % of the time is spent cajoling/forcing Ari into putting on his clothes. This morning, as we were eating breakfast, it dawned on me. I can put him in his clothes for the next day the night before. Here's what he's wearing today:

I put him in this outfit last night after he took a bath because I couldn't be bothered to find pajamas in the rubble that is the clean laundry pile.

I'm all set! All I need to do is put his shoes and jacket on and we're good to go.

He doesn't wear jeans anyway, so all of his pants are pajama-like texture. Why didn't I think of this before?

Random question(s) of the day: if you could go to work in pajamas, would you? What are your favorite PJs?

8 comments:

  1. I used to do the same thing with my son!!! That's awesome! John was, and still is, not a morning person (he get's it honestly) and just like Ari, he hated wearing jeans!

    And I do get to wear my pajamas to work, LOL, since I work from home! ;) my faves: Old Navy pj pants and men's Hanes white tshirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea!!! It takes forever for us not really because of them getting dressed, but because of them eating and then me cleaning and making things from scratch etc. Yesterday I woke up early to bring Chaim to the train and felt awake when I got home and chilled while the kids slept. But I still didn't get out until 11 because I decided to do things like wax and pay bills. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It takes me a long time to get going too, for the same reasons Cordy mentioned (eating, cleaning up, etc.) I usually don't get T dressed until after breakfast (if at all lately) because she gets so messy during meals. That is a really good idea to get him dressed the night before though. I totally take T out in her PJ's! I'm just like "whatever." I feel better seeing that half the kids at the gym daycare are also in their pajamas haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I would kill to go to work in my PJs. Usually it's just yoga pants and a clean-ish tank top.

    You know what...I think my mom might have done the same exact thing. I think this might explain my aversion to anything denim at home and my daily mental battle to change clothes in the morning. Thanks mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kids! They stall whenever they can. Ari does the same thing with eating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have such low standards for clothes. I just want him to wear something outside, even if it's PJs!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.