Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Journey To Hickville USA - Epilogue

Ever since our trip to Hicksville, my son has been enjoying his Cozy Coupe car on a daily basis. (**see previous blog here).

When we returned home that evening from purchasing the car, I wrote an email to the kind mother of four who relinquished her Cozy Coupe to us for $15. It said:

Just wanted to say thank you so much for the Little Tikes Cozy Coupe. My son loves it. Here is a link to a blog I wrote about our journey to Hicksville.
http://oldschoolnewschoolmom.blogspot.com/2009/07/journey-to-hicksville-usa.html
Also- please let me know about future tag sales for kid's clothing in the area. Thanks a Million, Sarah

I received an email back from the lovely mother of four today; it read:

Hi Sarah,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have a busy schedule with my kids, my work, etc. It was nice meeting you, your husband and your son. I'm glad the weather cleared up the day you all came and that the sun was shining so your son got the chance to see his car and the chance to sit on it. It's great knowing it will be enjoyed. Time goes by so quickly with your children so having treasured memories is so important. Obviously you can't always save everything your children have so when you do part with things your children enjoyed, it's not so hard when you know it will bring great joy! One day you'll look back and share the day with your son that he got his favorite car and that you went out of your way to make him so happy. That's what it's all about! I will let you know when the next tag sale is.

The email made me smile. It was such a thoughtful and nostalgic note. It didn't even occur to me that one day I could show my son the pictures from our journey to get his favorite car.

2 comments:

  1. I love the message from the kind mother former owner of the cozy coupe. She really told the tale. We still have toys and clothes from those early hears 30 and 34 years ago. Now, the new owner of the cozy coupe is wearing some of those clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a great email. I'm so glad she took the time to write it! I'm really glad that you kept our old River Park tee-shirts!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.