Sunday, March 16, 2014

Sleeping With NYC

Sara Meghdari is a photographer from Iran living in NYC. Over the past year, she's been working on a unique photo project. It's called "Sleeping With NYC."  The project involves spending a night with New York natives and photographing them while they fall asleep. I was introduced to Sara through my wonderful friend Alex who is also a visual artist.

Alex asked if I would be interested in participating Sara's project. I said I would love to. So Sara and I came up with a date and she came over to my place to photograph my nighttime routine. Her photographs came out beautifully. At first I thought, how will I fall asleep while she's photographing me? But the sound of the clicking camera put me right to bed.



Here are some other examples of her work below. She's quite talented.






For more information on Sara's art click here.

1 comment:

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.