Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ari's First Day of Pre K

Wil and I often talked about this day together, the first day that Ari would start school. In the past he told me:

"You're gonna cry."
I thought he was right. I was sure that the moment I left Ari in the hands of his new Pre-K teacher I would start to tear up.


But I was wrong. I didn't cry. In fact, it was quite the opposite feeling, I was happy. I was excited for him. I just knew he would love school.

Part of it was that I'd heard great things about this particular teacher and I specifically requested her. But other than that, I know my kid, and I know he's dying to meet new friends, play with toys, and learn new things about the world.

I think Wil is more emotional about this day than I am.


My only worry at this point is not about Ari, it's about me. It's about the parents. I'm way too weird and crazy for any of the parents to like me, I think. And it's hard for me to edit myself and pretend to be "normal."

Hopefully, Ari will make friends and so will I.

How was your first day of school?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.