Thursday, June 24, 2010

Who is Right?

Old School/New School Mom presents the first in series of arbitrations. Without further ado, I give you: "Who is Right?"

The Situation:

This morning at 5:30am Ari was whining a little bit because it was too bright in his room. As I was sleeping right beside him, I managed to calm him down enough to go back to sleep. Or so I thought. Right at that very moment, Wil opened the door. He had just arrived home from the overnight shift. He said he wanted to check on us.

As soon as the door opened Ari screamed "Daddy!" So Wil picked him up.
"You woke him up." I grumbled.
"No I didn't, he was already awake."
"No, he woke up when you opened the door." I insisted.
"Whatever." He replied and with that he took Ari into the living room and let him watch Tv until 6:30am. During this time I managed to fall back asleep. Until I heard a banging on the door. It was Ari. The banging was followed by "Mommy!"

Wil opened the door and said "He wants you."
So I came out and started to get ready for work since I was up anyway.
All of a sudden Wil announces:
"Okay. I'm going to sleep now."
"What?" I said "You woke him up at 5:30, I have to get ready for work, my parents aren't coming until 7:30 to watch him. You need to stay up till my parents get here!"

He insisted that I was being selfish and that he should be able to go to sleep because he watched him for an hour.

Now it's up to you! Who is right? Wil or Me?
Should Wil be able to go back to sleep or should he stay up till 7:30 and watch Ari?

You decide!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Uhhhh, wow! As far as who should take the blame for waking Ari up, I don't think Wil is completely at fault because he didn't know that Ari was already fussing when he came in, and he was just trying to check on you - I think that's nobody's fault, it was just a sucky situation. BUT he should have totally stayed up to watch Ari while you got ready for work. An hour of babysitting doesn't cut it, and you watch him for way longer than an hour each day. The dreaded night shift strikes again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amanda; I check on Nolan all the time, sometimes it wakes him up and other times he sleeps through the world exploding lmao. But he really should have stayed up! Matt would try that, but I have this look that says 'shut up and do it or I'll destroy you'. He doesn't mess with me when I get that look!

    ALTHOUGH, he totally told me I could sleep in Sunday, and get drunk Saturday {since I was in town with my sisters...sigh} and we both ended up getting drunk, although I was worse off, and the next morning guess who got up at 6am? Me...because Matt totally had to drive 4 hours home....but yeah.

    So all weekend long, I was the one up with Nolan at 6am & I was the one putting him to bed.

    GRR lmao.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.