Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Can Jewish Women Have it All?"

Tonight I had the opportunity to speak at the JCC of Greater New Haven on the topic of "Can Jewish Women Have it All?"

I was joined by Rabbi Rona Shapiro, two wonderful female Jewish authors, Blu Greenberg and Michelle Cove, Rabbi Leah Cohen, and Doris Zelinsky, former CEO of Country Home Bakers.

I was truly honored to be surrounded by such well accomplished women in the Jewish community and to have a chance to share in their thoughts about whether or not Jewish women could "have it all."




Before I got to the JCC I had prepared what I would speak about. Once I began to hear the other brilliant women on this panel speak, my ideas shifted and changed. I was inspired by what ideas these women of varying ages and career backgrounds brought to the table.

I am excited to read Blu and Michelle's books!

Special shout out to DeDe Jacobs-Komisar for inviting me to speak on this panel. You're awesome!

Oh! And here's my answer to the question, can Jewish women have it all? You can have whatever is important to you and what you set your mind to have. It's a matter of realizing what you value and love in your life and going for it!

2 comments:

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.