Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Warm Fuzzy Tale- A Childhood Favorite

When I was a child my mom used to read me "The Warm Fuzzy Tale."


This book is a story about being kind to others. It was written by Claude Steiner, a clinical psychologist to teach children about being kind to others. The way in which this is illustrated in the book is that people give one another small furry balls that sort of resemble koosh balls from the 1990's.

KOOSH BALL:
The balls in question are called "warm fuzzies." The warm fuzzies make people feel good. They are like giving some a compliment, or helpful advice.

Pictured here are children and a woman dancing happily holding warm fuzzies



There is an evil witch in the book who manufactures a competitor to the warm fuzzy called a cold pricklies, which for some reason do not seem to exist on the internet. I can find copious images of warm fuzzies but no cold cold pricklies.

Anyhow, there is a huge conspiracy when the witch decides to sell cold pricklies to people and they then get really nasty and mean because they have received them!

Here is a you tube video of Claude Steiner, clinical psychologist and author of "A Warm Fuzzy Tale" reading it aloud!


I remember absolutely loving this book so much when I was a child. The illustrations are vivid, and the story is captivating. I hope you all love it as much as I do/did.

If you want to purchase the book click below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Feel free to agree or disagree, but hateful comments will be deleted.